|Know Best Top 10 List|
- Our Computational Creativity software is now in the Twittersphere! Follow us at MetaphorIsMyBusiness @MetaphorMagnet to see the hourly output of an insightful, fully-automated creative metaphor generator.
- Check out our new Web initiative to promote Computational Creativity at RobotComix.com. This new site is packed with oodles of illustrated materials on creativity, metaphors and machines.
- Check out our new EU-funded coordination action to promote Computational Creativity at project PROSECCO. This 3-year project will produce new educational materials and host exciting community-building events.
- Read a review of Tony Veale's new book on Linguistic Creativity in the Dublin Review of Books.
- Download a sample chapter from Tony Veale's new book, Exploding the Creativity Myth: The Computational Foundations of Linguistic Creativity from Bloomsbury Academic (and Amazon, of course), available Sept. 27.
- Listen to an interview with Tony Veale about his new book on computational creativity, Exploding the Creativity Myth, on the New Books in Language blog.
- Read a recent newspaper article on our approach to irony and humor in the Irish Times
- We are running the 3rd ICCC conference on Computational Creativity at UCD on May 31st -- June 1st, 2012. You can check out the program and download the papers here:
- Article on The Art of Eloquence with a side-bar on Metaphor Generation in the French magazine Le Monde d'Intelligence
- Article on Artificial Creativity in the Varsity newspaper
- Interview on the Big Picture Science radio show
- Interview on PhilosophyTalk
- ESSLLI'07 Enriched Lexical Ontologies
- The ZeitGeist system for harvesting creative neologisms from Wikipedia (using WordNet) has been reported in New Scientist magazine.
- ESSLLI'05 Course notes on METAPHOR
This is an oddity of a game, based as it is on the notion of polysemy in language. Words can have multiple meanings, some of them surprising. In trail-blazer you must quickly recognize this potential for lexical deception in language, to determine which Kaballistic magic word-token best covers a given selection of ambiguous terms.
Play a demo version of this game